Most women usually seek lovely smooth body skin. They feel annoyed and embarrassed from having unwanted hair on their skin although this body hair is beneficial for us since it keeps us warm and protects the skin from various irritations and infections.
There are some factors that play a role in causing unwanted hair, e.g. hormonal imbalances, irregular menstrual cycles, certain medications, post-pregnancy hormonal changes, and aging. You find women go for various ways to get rid of this hair. Some go for laser hair removal, permanent waxing, and electrolysis. Others go for natural remedies for hair removals that can be created at home as natural ways to save money and don’t have side effects. Here are two natural methods: sugar waxing and the turmeric recipe.
“Sugar waxing” or “sugaring” is one of the most famous hair removal methods that has been widely practiced. What distinguishes sugar waxing is that you can use it anywhere you would like to remove hair and is less painful than traditional hot wax. You can simply make sugar waxing with 3 simple ingredients at home. All you need are 1 cup white sugar, 1& ½ tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoon water. After preparing the ingredients, you can start with these steps:
- Add the white sugar, lemon juice, and warm water together in a saucepan.
- Turn your burner on low until the mixture reaches the “firm ball” stage on your candy thermometer (about 245°F). Make sure not to cook it too long, and don’t let it get any hotter than 250°F.
- Remove the pot from heat when the mixture turns golden brown and let the wax cool to almost to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl or jar and let it cool for 30 minutes. Now you can use a craft stick to apply the sugar wax over the area where you want to remove hair, in the same direction of hair growth.
- leave it for a few seconds. Then, take a breath and pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
Moving to turmeric, firstly, turmeric is an Indian bright yellow, fragrant spice. Indian women usually have used it for all sorts of natural beauty remedies as it is recommended to all women. Here is the recipe. You must have 1 raw papaya and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Then,
- Peel the papaya and cut it into little pieces and mash the pieces to make a paste.
- Mix the papaya paste with turmeric powder.
- Now, you have a ready paste so you apply it to the parts with unwanted
- Leave until dry (15-20 minutes). Wash it off with warm water and dry.
This natural method can be done 2 times a week. When using this papaya turmeric paste regularly, you will start noticing that the rate of hair growth is reducing over time as papaya has an enzyme, papain, that disintegrates the cuticle of human hair and causes it to fall out naturally. These are only two natural hair removals but there are still many others that you can check.