PROPOLIS tablets (90 x 1000mg)
- Purified Propolis Resin
- Micro crystalline Cellulose (bulking agent)
- Croscarmellose Sodium (disintegrant)
- Magnesium Stearate ( anti caking agent )
- Vegetable Glycerine (veg source glazing agent)
- Carnuba Wax(glazing agent)
Each tablet contains Propolis resins, equivalent of 1000 mg raw Propolis.
What is Propolis
Propolis, also known as ‘bee glue’, is used by bees to fortify their hives and protect it from wind, invaders and infection. They use it like cement to seal holes, gaps, cracks, and weaknesses and to strengthen the structure of the hive. It also contributes to keeping the internal temperature and humidity constant. Anything bees cannot remove from the hive is coated in a protective layer of propolis to stop the spread of disease and to maintain an aseptic environment.
Propolis is a sticky substance produced from a mixture of bee saliva, beeswax, sap and other exudates from buds, bark and leaves. The exact composition varies depending on the location of the hive and the color could be anything from dark yellow to green-brown, red and almost black.
Roughly 30% of propolis is wax, 50% resins and vegetable balsam and 10% essential and aromatic oils. However, it is a very complex substance comprised of roughly 300 different compounds including several flavonoids, terpenes, phenolics, lipid-wax substances, sugars, hydrocarbons, minerals, vitamins, pollens, and amino acids as well as cinnamic acid, cinnamyl alcohol, vanillin, caffeic acid, tetochrysin, isalpinin, pinocembrin, chrysin, galangin, and ferulic acid.
It is this sophisticated combination that makes propolis unique as a powerful healing agent – it is more than the sum of the parts. Of all the bee products, propolis has demonstrated the highest antifungal activity, effective against 40 different yeast strains, including Candida. The Russians have done so much on propolis that it came to be known as “Russian penicillin”.
It is good for:
- Oral health – especially periodontal disease, implant problems, halitosis
- Skin health
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Antibiotic-resistant biofilm-forming bacteria (e.g. Staphylococcus aureus)
- Candida overgrowth
- Antiaging – reduces oxidative stress
- Regeneration of cartilaginous and bone tissue & dental pulp
- Herpes, both HSV-1 and -2 (cold sores and genital warts)
- Immune health
The Blessed Seed guarantees the bioflavonoids present in our propolis are naturally occurring flavonoids, with no synthetic substances added