Black cumin seed oil contains 100 healing components. This ancient healing remedy has only recently caught the attention of researchers and due to the high success of the research so far made, there is call for more to be made.Research has found that there is not another herb known to work with such a wide range of healing capabilities.
Nigella Sativa is known by many names, for example, The Black Seed or Black Cumin. Habbat ul barakah in Arabic countries (the Blessed Seed) due to the saying of the Holy Prophet (SWS) and habbat as-sawda. It is referred to as Schwarzkummel in Germany and Cörek Otu in Turkey.It is often named Black Onion Seed because of its similarity to onion seed in appearance but they
share no relation to each other.
NIGELLA SATIVA ACTIONS
- Analgesic: Relieves or dampens sensation of pain.
- Anthelmintic: (Also know as vermicide or vermifuge) destroys and expels intestinal worms.
- Anti-bacterial: Destroys or inhibits the growth of destructive bacteria.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Reduces inflammation.
- Antioxidant: Prevents or delays the damaging oxidization of the body’s cells – particularly useful against free radicals.
- Anti-spasmodic: (Prevents or eases muscle spasms and cramps.
- Anti-fungal: Thymoquinone is a highly effective photochemical against molds and fungi.
- Carminative: Stimulates digestion and induces the expulsion of gas from the stomach and the intestines.
- Diaphoretic: Induces perspiration during fever to cool and stimulate the release of toxins.
- Diuretic: Helps the kidneys. Helps clean the body fluids.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates bile and aids in the digestive process.
- Galactagogue: Stimulates the action of milk in mothers.
- Hypotensive: Reduces excess blood pressure.
- Immunomodulator: Helps to restore normal immune function when it has lost balance (either underachieve or overactive).
- Lymphatic decongestant: Decongests the lymphatic system, therefore unburdens and improves the immune system.
- Can help bowel movement
- Hypoglycemic: Contributes to improved blood sugar control.
IMPROVING BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS WITH THE BLACK SEED OIL
This is the key to many health issues. Especially after the age of 50 our blood sugar control declines. Only recently has science revealed that many illnesses can be alleviated by
controlling blood sugar levels. While the black seed oil can help to lower blood sugar levels it is also advised to have a healthy diet for long lasting results. The Black seed oil will help but if the
diet is not addressed the problems will most likely not be eliminated. Sugary breakfast
cereals should be eliminated as well as fizzy drinks.
The worst addition to our modern diet is added sugar. They contain no vital nutrition, so they are often termed as empty calories. There are no proteins, essential fats, vitamins or minerals in sugar… just pure energy.
When 10-20% of calories as sugar are included in our diet major problems can occur and lead to nutrient
deficiencies. Added sugar is high in fructose, which
can overload your liver.This can lead to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD), a growing problem in Western countries that is strongly associated with
OTHER PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARISE
- Inflammatory process.
- Cholesterol Process
- Metabolic syndrome. It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases.
- Added sugar can cause insulin resistance, people who drink fizzy drinks such as cola have up to an 83% higher risk of Type II diabetes.
- Multiple studies show that people who eat a lot of sugar are at a much higher risk of getting cancer.
- Contrary to belief high cholesterol is not caused by fat but by sugar which leads to heart disease.
- By combining black cumin seed oil with a healthy diet the elevated blood sugar levels can be improved.
A GOOD DIET
Eliminate all wheat, gluten, and highly allergenic foods from your diet. Usually, when you remove allergenic foods (such as gluten) from your diet, your cravings
for sweets will diminish, your mood will improve,
your weight will drop, and your overall health will
soar. Therefore, your first step is to avoid the
They are all highly allergenic and will frequently keep your immune system in overdrive by continually triggering the inflammatory response.At least one-third of your food should be uncooked, eat more vegetables and keep them fresh, limit sugar and fructose. Include 1 teaspoon of black seed oil daily. This may be increased to 2 after 1 week and then to 3 after 2 weeks. Normally 3 teaspoons daily are the maximum amount to take. Although during illnesses such as the flu one may need to take more.
Black seed oil has been traditionally used for a vast array of ailments. What gives black seed oil it’s apparent ability to have a cure for all diseases is its ability to support a weak immune system. That would be specifically for those of us who are always getting ill, feel run down and have little energy. It gives your defense system the ability to fight.
At the same time, it rebalances a hyperactive immune system bringing relief for those who have respiratory problems such as asthma, hay fever and aiding many allergies. Traditional herbalists confirm that black seed oil unblocks the lymphatics and relieves the immune system. This solves many problems such as hay fever for example.
Hay fever is caused by an overactive immune system. When the lymphatics are blocked this can create an imbalance in the immune system resulting in allergies such as hay fever. When the congested lymphatics have cleared the burden on the immune system is relieved creating a healthy immune system that can better defend against illnesses.Consequently, allergies can be better dealt with and their irritations may be reduced or not occur.
black cumin seed also has a cleansing and eliminatory effect on the digestive system (particularly the detoxification of the intestines). Regulation of the immune system and the detoxification of the intestines are foremost in good health since it is these that are the starting point for many health disorders. By maintaining the good order of these systems we can prevent the beginning of many illnesses.
Analysis has shown the black seed oil to contain 100 components. Many of these components have not been researched. Because of the success of many of the studies made, there have been many calls by researchers that more research should be made. Emphasis is given that this is a totally natural healing compound with no known side effects. It has the advantage of being cheaply available to the people in need (especially third world countries) with an effectiveness that demands more research to be done.
One of the components that have been the center of interest for many studies is Thymoquinone. This has been the center of study for many of the research papers written about the pharmaceutical properties of the plant.
It is well known for its anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties that have been reported to help with encephalomyelitis, elevated sugar levels, asthma and carcinogenesis. Thymoquinone acts as a free radical or an effective superoxide radical scavenger. It also protects the liver from toxins. It is highly effective against moulds and fungi.
Our strong black seed oil contains about 2.4% thymoquinone. Most black seed oil on the market contains about 0.66.
The owner of the horse was the daughter of a top immunologist in Munich, Dr Peter Schleicher. He had been so impressed by this event that he administered black seed to Dr Friedrich Carpenter, the former Federal Minister of the Interior in Germany, who was also suffering from asthma.His asthma was also cured which confirmed to the Doctor that this herb required serious study. He was the head of five major studies on black seed mainly as a therapeutic agent for asthma, neurodermatitis, and allergies.
In one of the studies, Nigella Sativa was used in a test with over 600 patients. It was found that 70% of patients with allergic conditions, among them, being pollen and dust allergies, asthma and neuro-dermatitis benefitted by Nigella Sativa.
This intriguing seed caught the attention of Dr. Guenter Gerhardt a medical health guru on a German TV channel. The masses were then informed of the wide healing capabilities it contained.Consequently, this product is now available at nearly every chemist in Germany and the German health system is obliged by law to pay for the expense of black seed oil for people suffering from certain ailments.The most interesting aspect of the oil in Germany is that it is all mild. For black seed oil to be a really high quality it needs to have a certain sharpness. This is a sign of a good content of essential oil.